Follow by Email

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Whats your Equation?

When you think about all the things you've experienced in your life as well as the things you've imprinted into this world, what would it consist of? Throughout history, Man's purpose in life was to exist; to have meaning, purpose. Times have truly changed since history books where people saw the things that hurt society and changed it, now however we sit back and watch these things happen to us and do nothing because we feel like, what can we do? So I’ve been thinking; what have I personally imprinted into this world? What can be said about me when I’m long and gone? Will I just fade-to-black like everyone else who didn’t make a difference and lived life? Or will I be something remarkable? I don’t know about anyone else but I strive to be great and when I don’t, I feel meaningless. Recently I’ve been reevaluating my career path and it’s so much I want to accomplish. It’s not about the money at all; I just want to do something that will benefit my society, my family and community. As long as I have a stable life, money is something the white man can keep. Cheesy as it sounds, but i want to make a difference. I rather see my people lift up than constantly fall and repeat a cycle of ignorance, poverty and violence. So what if I don’t change history books, i rather change the lives of the people who share the world around me; that’s a even better feeling.
So when you think about the things you've imprinted into this world, your society and even to the people around you; what does it consist of? What would your equation be? Could the good things you've done multiply your life or would the bad subtract from the good? Just something to think about i guess, I was always told that there are three types of people in the world. People that do good, some that do Bad to others and the ones that DO absolutely nothing. What does your equation equal to?

No comments:

Post a Comment